Hellow my fellows!
This is my first post.
I'm not really sure what to use this blog for but I guess I'll start by talking about my day...
Tomorrow SIREN is performing at the National Youth Envirolympics Challenge 2012 Closing Ceremony. 3.45pm @ City Square Mall. Be there or be circle!
This is the second year in which Siren has been invited to perform for the event.
Their mission:
To educate youths and the public about the values of leading environmentally friendly lifestyles so as to create a cleaner and greener environment.
Pretty awesome I'd say. Hopefully events like these actually inspire people to change something in their normal lives to help make the situation better; something daily, something concrete. No matter how much we want to deny or postpone it, every day that we use our air-cons, throw barely used paper away, our earth is slowly dying. Singapore is so damn hot. Temperate climates are getting too damn cold. It's quite sad that our weather isn't what it's supposed to be anymore and that animals and possible medical discoveries are lost forever. Islands and cities like Shanghai and Venice are slowly being engulfed by the rising sea levels. Imagine if such wonderful places aren't around for your grandchildren to experience, and I'm sure the list doesn't stop at those two. (Thus the practicality of my group's project work; Underwater living. YEAH.)
I've grown up with 3 major bad habits.
1. Sleeping with air-con every day
2. Wasting paper
3. Throwing out my towel after every shower
In my family's household, the largest ratios of the utility bill comes from the washing machine and the air-conditioning. Both are actually easily controllable but laziness and habitual living are great obstacles. I think I shall start to use less towels now and blast the air-con less (but shiok....:/). Haha, okay, settled. I will do it. If I can do it, so can you! Fellow Siren girl Janice Chye Jang Jang sets a very good example with turning her air-con only like 5 times a year. Perks of living in a high-rise building. I would turn off my lamp when I sleep but I'm afraid of what lurks in the dark... :D
Okay people! If we want to save our home we have to do the small daily things, not just the large gestures of donations and campaigns, but actually inculcating eco-friendly habits into our lifestyle will be the most effective because there is no quick fix. It's simple enough for a kid to do, so you can too!
Hopefully tomorrow's performance will be hyped and bring in the crowds!
![]() |
| Just us chilling around our music after stage run |
Okay, I'm out for now.
Peace.



No comments:
Post a Comment