Taught the Ballet Grade 6's Hip Hop today. Their concert is in August.
I feel really happy because they're really enthusiastic. For most of them this is their first time at Hip Hop but they're all so willing and hardworking! (Technique and performance quality is one thing, but their attitude is really good and I'm sure with time they'll let go and release their inner stylo milo:)) Even on the Facebook group that I set up to communicate with them; right after I told them what their costume would be, a few of them searched and posted suggestions similar to my description :) Awesome!
Heading to Bangkok in 2 days! I'm quite proud of myself for not shopping for the longest time in lieu of my trip. Seriously going to BUY EVERYTHING. Hopefully the hotel we're staying in won't be some narrow dodgy piece of sai. I will post many pictures especially since I have new fisheye/wide-angle/telephoto lenses for my iPhone thanks to Mr XYZ. Thaaaankewww Meesterrrr AaaxwhyyZehhd.
I feel like I have terminal lethargy.
But have no fear all you constant sleepyheads (like myself!), ScientificAmerican.com says,
"The good news is that, like all debt, with some work, sleep debt can be repaid—though it won't happen in one extended snooze marathon. Taking on an extra hour or two of sleep a night is the way to catch up. For the chronically sleep deprived, take it easy for a few months to get back into a natural sleep pattern, says Lawrence J. Epstein, medical director of the Harvard-affiliated Sleep HealthCenters.
As you erase sleep debt, your body will come to rest at a sleep pattern that is specifically right for you. Sleep researchers believe that genes—although the precise ones have yet to be discovered—determine our individual sleeping patterns. That more than likely means you can't train yourself to be a "short sleeper"—and you're fooling yourself if you think you've done it. A 2003 study in the journal Sleep found that the more tired we get, the less tired we feel.
So earn back that lost sleep—and follow the dictates of your innate sleep needs. You’ll feel better. "When you put away sleep debt, you become superhuman," says Stanford's Dement, talking about the improved mental and physical capabilities that come with being well rested. Finally, a scientific reason to sleep in on Saturday."
My friend once told me there's this underground place where you pay to just sleep, so you go there and it's completely quiet and no sunlight. It's done so that when you naturally wake up, you would've gotten all the sleep you needed and would not have waken up due to any other factor except your own body. Imagine how awake you'd feel and how productive you'd be. I've never felt awake after waking up for an extremely long time. Thus to quote Soh Jun Wei's birthday wish to me, "May you be like ur dp looking sexy everyday and not haven't wake up everyday!" Hahaha.
Tonight's gonna be a chill night, downloading music and reviewing my playlist.
Bye bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment