Hey guys!
I'm gonna introduce you all to something I look forward to every year and have to privilege of omnomnoming at least once a year. It's....
IPOH HOR FUN
Fun
fun
fun
FROM IPOH.
Oh
Because I go up to Ipoh every Chinese New Year and maybe if there are other occasions that bring my family there, this is something I always look forward to.
It's this small road side shop called Nam Fatt and they probably have the best Ipoh Hor Fun and freshest YTF (Yong Tau Foo) I have ever had. If you think Old Town White Coffee has the real stuff, shit just got more real. (Old Town originates from Ipoh by the way).
These are the stuff my family usually orders:
| I love the deco hehe. My favourite and just the right amount - spring onion and shallots |
| The YTF - inside: green chilli & tau foo with fish in it. If you're a huge fan of spiciness like me, try dipping the green chilli in the red home-made chilli. Zai max. |
| Fried indulgences - Bitter gourd and wanton |
| Gizzard ball. I'm not an eater of unconventional parts but my dad loves it so must be real good. I like the soup, very peppery. But they could go a little easier on the pepper. |
| Nam Fatt |
This shop goes back about 26 years and they've revolutionised step by step (environment wise, not food wise. Food is still the same old authentic). When they installed the air-con (which is a pretty big deal in the rural... okay not that rural... Ipoh), it was such a blessing.
BUT WAIT.
NOW
They have...
WIFI!!!
Talk about first world pains/addictions.
Now you can eat AND surf at the same time. Which is fricks awesome when I don't have roaming and perpetually depend on an available hotspot.
Okay, so if you're ever around the area (which I highly doubt because Ipoh is a really really old town and it only has domestic flights, which is already a great improvement, compared to the 7 hour drive from Singapore), but if you are ever there, this is a must-try. Or if you go on a food hunt around Malaysia, this is the way to go; alongside Penang Laksa.
Hope you guys enjoyed this.
Just wanted to share one of my favourite things about my grandparents' home town.
:)
No comments:
Post a Comment