Saturday, March 23, 2013

Different stages

I find myself surprised whenever I have free time nowadays. What a foreign feeling, almost as if it's wrong. But nonetheless I am thankful for some downtime/me time.

Some recent events:

Black Box Boot Camp Showcase by NTU Contemp


Me sporting a focussed look, haha. Honestly channelling the expression for this item was pretty challenging because if I wasn't always aware of my face, I might have ended up looking just blur. I guess that's when you need to merge movement and face to make it one holistic expression. 



Impresario 2013 Finals
Pantherawr with CBLJ. MJ rep!!
Our wonderful mentor Summer. Learnt so much from him. 


First he had one cat.

Then a new cat.
AND a new cat.


Pantherawr
Finally... SIREN!
Catch us at Danceworks! 2013 Finals.
Ngee Ann City Civic Plaza, 6 Apr.

It's funny how I didn't experience a sublimity of emotions upon the results of us entering finals. When do we stop appreciating success? Do we slowly become numb to it or get used to it? If that's the case then it's very sad. It's like the higher you climb, the more you take success for granted. Is it just me? Or is it because we've joined this comp many times? Perhaps. I mean, if it were a bigger competition then it would be a different sense of achievement. I just don't want to feel a lowered sense of achievement the more I achieve. I want to feel every sense of victory and not resign to an "oh, good" kind of feeling. I never want it to come to that point. But it really makes me wonder what it's like for people who have achieved so much already. How do they handle success? Is it normal for them or is there still the capability of them to be overwhelmed?

On a side note, people need to stop using the word "advices". "Advice" itself is plural.

No comments:

Post a Comment