On a more irritated note, here's a story I must tell.
So after changing out of my costume, I headed to Popular Bookstore to get new earphones and (impulsively) the first novel of the Hunger Games Thrilogy! Can't wait to read it. Haha.
Yes, so when I headed to the cashier to pay and on observing that previous customers lined up against the counter, I did likewise behind the one person who was making her payment. As I needed to rush back up to catch the 7pm shuttle bus with the Sirengirls, I inched my purchases forward as the lady in front of me was finishing up her payment. Suddenly this other woman (probably around mid-thirties), squeezed her arm through the shoulders of the paying lady(PL) and me and inched her own stack of purchases that were earlier on the edge of the counter, forward. She was standing right behind the paying lady (PL).
Illustration to ease your imagination:
Cashier ___
(PL) (Me) (queue goes here>>>)
(Woman)
Confused as I was, I asked her, "Sorry were you in the the queue?"
Her reply, (and I must say it was in the most impatient and indignant tone. And the most pek chek face), "DEFINITELY YES?!"

Ok chill woman. No big deal. Just go ahead first. So I stepped back.
That isn't it. After making her payment, she went back to her husband and complained. Being the big brave man that he is, he decided to walk past behind me and say obnoxiously loudly, 'Youngsters these days, you should report her...'
UNCLE. Report to who?! Police? Cut-queue authority?! Please, be my guest.
I knew I was short of time, but I was too pissed off to let this slide. After I was done with keeping my change, I walked up to the couple. Ignoring the husband, and standing behind the woman whose back was facing me, I said, "Excuse me, the next time you want to chope a place in the queue, please bother to inform the person behind so that we can avoid any misunderstanding."
Looking up, the woman replied, "Any misunderstanding?! I just walked away for awhile!"
Me:
![]() |
| Yes, with the hand. |
Then I turn and walk out of Popular like
![]() |
| Without turning back at all. |
while the husband is like, "You come back here now!!"
My mom said I should've called her a bitch. But no, I will not stoop to that level and give them more reason to target the people of my generation.
Joce said that I shouldn't care, they are so old, all need Yu Nam Hair Care. (Rhyme. Hehe)
Okay. So now to the more important points.
- If I accidentally cut your queue, don't try to squeeze your arm through to make a point, then wait for me to actually ask you if you're supposed to be in front of me. What's so difficult about just saying, 'Excuse me, I was queueing here.' ????!!! All this tension could've been avoided! Grow some and speak up for yourself instead of using your husband to get back at people. Even better, get back at me for your own discrepancy. EVEN BETTER, not even to my face.
- Nobody reserves a place in the queue with their things, walks away and expects the next person to telepathy diu diu you and know that that's your place. It does not work the same as a tissue packet.
- DO NOT stereotype the youth as an uncourteous, inconsiderate and selfish bunch. Do not blame any bad behaviour on age. Look at yourself.
- If I were a middle-aged man taller than you, would you dare to talk loudly behind me, about me?
Basically, I am also very disappointed in the way some people are so quick to link behaviour and age. Yes, I understand the viewpoint that perhaps maturity comes with age, but that doesn't mean you meet one bad egg and that's it for the rest of them. That's beside the point anyway. My point is that despite age and years of experience, sadly, there are people out there who still need to learn to be patient, clarify and be courteous. There is no need to immediately assume that just because I am young, therefore I am rude and want to cut your queue. There's only one of you, cut your queue for what?
Do not assume, it makes an ass out of u and me. :)
So to all out there who get annoyed easily at the public due to habitual stereotyping, do exercise discernment because half the time, it's a misunderstanding.
To the woman and her husband, may you have all the righteous fun in the world telling your relatives and friends how awful the youngsters these days are.
Peace.



No comments:
Post a Comment